Saturday, June 21, 2008

Down to the Wire

I didn't realize that it's been so long since I posted, unfortunately I don't have nearly as much done as I should have for how much time has passed. Topper number 9 only needs binding, but I'm having trouble locating the fabric I've been using. I must have done an "I'll put it here so I know where it is" trick, so, of course, I have no idea what I've done with it.


Topper number 10 should be basted today, I only have a few leaves and the centers left to applique. The remaining background pieces are all marked and all of the flower and leaf pieces are cut and basted (except for 20 leaves, I ran out of greens in the olive-y family so will have to get another small piece when I shop next week.) I also pulled out enough of the right color beads so the actual sewing is all that is left on them, which does speed up the process.

I haven't touched the album quilt, it's now weighing heavily, but with 6 weeks to go I still do have time to finish everything. The wrinkle in the plan is that the day after my parents party, all my husband siblings and his mom come into town for a family reunion. Since we are the only locals, our house will be a gathering spot which means I have some extra work to do to get the house presentable. Though I'm not one who feels everything has to be perfect, I do have some measure of pride!

Ruthie is making strides by leaps and bounds of late, she's adding new words to her vocabulary every day and has to be right in the thick of things. With all the comings and goings here, she's kept quite busy and entertained.


One of my favorite things in the summertime is to sit outside and sew with a fire going in our firepit. I try to keep marshmallows on hand for the kids, this is Ruthie's first year really enjoying that tradition. Last year she really wasn't interested.


This coming week we have some beautiful weather forecast so I'm hoping to have a few more such afternoon/evenings this week. Hopefully that means a nice burst of work on the toppers and maybe some on the album quilt when I come back inside.


For now it's time to run. The Cubs/White Sox game is on TV and we're camped downstairs watching. The windows are open and it's a lovely day, once the game is over if the chairs outside have dried off, we may just move outside and enjoy a fire and the beautiful breeze. Until next time, happy quilting!


Sue

1 comment:

Mad about Craft said...

I see you are still keeping busy - lol!!!!