Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Sewing is DONE!

Whew! While I may make a few more dishcloths, what I need for Christmas is finished. I also finished the final seams on the Humbug bags yesterday, 12 in all.

The three middle ones are the sizes that the pattern makes, the two end ones, the "XL" and "XS" I experimented with as I had zippers both bigger and smaller than the ones the pattern called for in my supplies. The extra large one is 15" x 10" and will be used as a project bag, the extra small one is 4 1/2" by 3" and will be used for my thimbles and other small objects so they aren't just loose in the bag. The rest of them will be given for gifts this Christmas.


It's an unusual weekday here today as our daughter's school cancelled because of an ice storm. Right now it's not bad out so our son went to his job here in town, but we're to get another wave later on today that's supposed to leave 1/4" to 1/2" of ice. Yikes. I can't even imagine.


My husband cancelled his job for this morning as it was in the next town over, so he's here, too. He doesn't know yet if he will have to go to his school job later...while school has been cancelled here, usually the janitorial staff has to still go.


With a houseful today, it's not likely I'll get much done. I'll see what the day brings.


For now, the plan is to finish the outer border on my Christmas table runner and get the binding on it. I have a few chores on today's list that I should be able to finish even with extra bodies in the house. I hope to get my New Year's table runner started and maybe jot down some plans for a few more for during the course of the year.


I hope everyone in the path of this storm stays safe and warm...and I'll see you on the flipside!

1 comment:

Marilyn Robertson said...

The humbug bags are great! I have one that was given to me and I love it. Here's hoping the ice storm misses you like it did me so far.