Friday, December 21, 2007

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I'm seeing it. I'm really surprised, but I guess I shouldn't be. They say if you want something done to give it to a busy person. Last week, I didn't see any way I could finish everything in time for Christmas, but I'm on the brink of it now.

These cookies are called peppernuts. They are little crunchy spice cookies that are just wonderful. I used them to fill in the holes in the cookie platter (I'll post a pic of one when I have one made up.) I like to leave them sit in my mouth for a minute so they soften up, they are so good! Last night after FINISHING my Christmas shopping, I made these Amaretto Apricot Chews. They are an oatmeal based cookie with chopped dried apricots and chopped almonds in them. These were the choice of our 13 year old. Each child gets to pick their favorite and those are made no matter what, then I add more if I'm able.

I was able to finish the machine mat for me this morning, so now I have this lovely little thing to hold the supplies I need at hand...and I have no sewing left to do! LOL. I am planning a top, though, to be started next weekend, so it will get broken in then.

I'm about to leave for a quick job with my husband and I'm babysitting for a friend's children today. Other than that I really hope to finish the cookie and candy making. Last night I wrapped all the gifts except one (my husband is getting me a box for that one.) While I can sit while things are in the oven, I'm going to go through my magazines and look for the next top I want to make. When I get magazines, I put post it notes on the front with the projects in them that I want to do, so I'm going to browse through them today and tomorrow and find THE project to inspire me after the holidays.
Now I have to run, our oldest is going camping this weekend and I told him I'd make him up a tin of cookies to bring along, then I have that job to do.

May your day be productive and relaxing (doesn't seem possible to have both, does it??)

Happy quilting (baking, cooking, shopping, wrapping....)

No comments: