Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Focus! I Need to Focus!


I had lofty goals of accomplishing much over the last several days but it was just not to be. I did finish the pincushions, yay! And the next topper is nearly done and I hope to put the binding on later today.

That is about all that was really accomplished, though, and I'm trying to figure out why I'm putting off these other projects.

I think part of the "problem" is that there is so much going on around here these days that I don't feel like I have much time. The reality is I can MAKE the time, but am just not doing that. I hope to change that this week, in spite of it being a fairly busy one.

There is so much to think about these days that I'm easily distracted. With three new romances in teenville (well, oldest is 21, but the group he hangs with ranges from 17-21) there is a lot going on here. Add to that their jobs, school and other activities, just keeping track of who is where and when they are there is mind boggling some days.


At the moment, our 16 year old is at the DMV, hoping to get her driver's license. She is actually quite a good driver but has heard horror stories of them trying to trip you up and she's nervous. It will be evident when she walks in the door what happened, and that should be sometime in the next hour.


In the meantime I won't get any sewing done, I'm far too nervous. I know that she will be extremely disappointed if she doesn't pass and I dread the thought of having to do it all over again next Tuesday.

For now, I have a few more computer things to do and by then they hopefully will be home with good news and then MAYBE I can get my act together and make some good progress on some projects. The afternoon and evening are wide open today and tomorrow, so I really need to knuckle down and get some things done as the following two days are much busier.

I attempted to upload a video, it appears to have worked this time. I've tried a couple of other times and they wouldn't load. Here are Lucas and Ruthie, waving hello :)
And now I'm off, hopefully my husband and daughter will be home soon with good news and I'll be able to FOCUS!
Happy quilting!
Sue

2 comments:

Winona said...

Sue,
Just adorable! Sure hope your daughter passes her test, so you can get back to sewing. LOL
Winona

Pam said...

Very cute little video!! I have a hard time getting focused and motivated and I don't have 4 children at home the youngest being 3!! So you should feel great about all you do get accomplished :)))

I hope your daughter passed the test!!