Friday, November 7, 2008

Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus

Our van is home. I'm writing this at 12:43am because at 11:45 our oldest daughter walked in and announced "the van is here" as casually as if she was saying it's chilly outside. "The van is here?" I repeated, as if trying to decipher unfamiliar words. She nodded, smiling.

"OUR van is here?" I asked again. She laughed and said she'd driven it home.

My husband was really hoping it would be here for hunting weekend, I was beginning to doubt it was fixable at all and most certainly not in the next couple of weeks. I can't sleep and may not be able to unless I go out there to have a look. I peer out my window only to see a vaguely familiar shape in our driveway.

I'm afraid to drive it. I can't wait to drive it. The kids don't even know it's here, yet. Somehow I have to sleep tonight.

Seriously, though, I thank everyone who prays for us. It's appreciated more than you know and right now I feel like the van in my driveway is a promise and a tangible answer to prayer.

4 comments:

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

I am thrilled that your van is back. God is good. Have a good weekend! Enjoying driving...lol! =)Karen

~Bren~ said...

YEAH!!! I'll pop for the gas if you come visit!

Sandy said...

Wonderful news Sue!!

God is good and you are rewarded for your patience

Sandy in South Australia

Marilyn R said...

Yippee! The van is home! PTL!