Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Another day


After spending a good portion of my day yesterday on the Sunbonnet Sue quilt, about 40% of the piping is filled. My hands hurt. But I plug on, hardly able to wait to get back at it again today. I'm optimistically (and probably foolishly) hoping to finish it today, so I can see it in all it's glory after so many years of (off and on) work.
I'm not sure how visible it is in the picture, but in the block showing the sides are filled, top and bottom are not.
I almost hate to finish this one, it's been with me for so long, but am nearly giddy with the thought of it hanging on my sewing room wall where it will assuredly distract me from my work on occasion.
Now, off to fill a few more pieces before grocery shopping. The younger kiddos are still asleep and it's quiet here, I think I'll slip out to the backyard and enjoy the beautiful summer morning.

3 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

Welcome to blogland!

Great work you've displayed.

Sue said...

Thank you so much! Blogging is nearly as addictive as quilting!

Saska said...

Your quilts are really pretty!

Welcome to blog-land. It's full of inspiration, so get ready!