Friday, October 12, 2007

I've Been Busy!

I don't usually go a week between posts, but I've been really busy!


Monday our kids' youth group had a pumpkin launching competition and it was an all day affair. I was there for the afternoon, cooking dinner for the lot of them and a wonderful time was had by all. My sons were the grand prize winners, having made a giant (16 feet tall, then mounted on a pickup truck) sling shot that shot a pumpkin over 300 feet.


I've been on a dishcloth knitting jag! I bought a couple of balls of yarn to try it out and was hooked, so bought more at the store last Thursday. I'm almost through it all, and this is the result. I bought a cone and still am working on that, I think I can get a couple more cloths out of it.

I bought more yesterday, another cone and 4 more balls so I'm still on a roll. I love using these and may make some to use for washcloths in the shower, too. Those scrubbies that are so popular are too abrasive for me, these should be good as they have enough to them to exfoliate a bit but are softer than those plastic ones.

I'm heading to a friend's house this afternoon for a visit and some sewing. I'll be bringing my knitting again as it's so easily portable and now that I have the pattern down I can talk and knit at the same time.

The frame quilt is coming along, most of the blocks are quilted and most of the sashing, too. I still don't know what to quilt in the border, but will have to decide soon as I'm almost there! I have one more quilt to quilt by Christmas, so it's time to get that one out and mark it so it's ready for basting next week.

I guess that's it for now, hopefully as the holidays descend upon us I'll have more to say. Holiday time finds me very busy with baking, menu planning, list organizing and shopping. I LOVE IT!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

~Bren~ said...

Those are great. Karolee has begun a dishcloth jag too!!